Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Temporary Flexible Booking Conditions for 2020/ 2021
For bookings made between the 01 July 2020 and 30 September 2020 only. We are very aware of the concerns that the Covid 19 Pandemic may
cause with booking a holiday at this time. Due to this uncertainty regarding travel we have made the decision to allow flexible booking and lower deposit requirements. Please note this temporary update does not change any other terms and conditions of booking stated below other than the ones specifically mentioned here. To allow greater flexibility and peace of mind we are temporarily adjusting our Terms and Conditions to provide the following changes for any booking made between 1 July 2020 and 30 September 2020 (the ‘effected booking period’)
- £150 deposits: the deposit required to secure a room or chalet during the effected booking period will be reduced to £150 per person/£75 per child under
the age of 12.
- Flexible Deposit: Until the 30 September 2020 for any bookings made during the effected booking period the guests may request, for any reason whatsoever and completely free of charge, to move their deposits to secure another date/chalet within the Winter 2020-2021 season and the following season Winter 2021–2022 (must be before 1 May 2022), subject to availability of chalets and dates. In order to move a booking please email [email protected] no later than 30 September and state the date/chalet you wish to move the booking to, including details of whether the change applies to all guests on a booking. We will then endeavor to carry out your requirements, however, we cannot be held liable if
the preferred date is no longer available
How will I know if my travel plans are going to be affected?
The unpredictable impacts of the Coronavirus mean that decisions about changes or amendments to your holiday may occur at any time, and could be no more than a fe days before you are due to depart. We pay constant attention to the guidance from the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), ABTA, Public Health England and local health authorities in our destinations. We will respond to any advice by the FCO against non-essential travel to your destination, and will contact you as soon as it is clear we won’t be able to provide your holiday at the originally planned time.
Will my holiday experience be different due to Coronavirus?
We’ll do our very best to make sure your holiday is everything you expect it to be. Due to the constantly evolving nature of the Coronavirus crisis, we might need to change or withdraw some advertised accommodation facilities and resort services so we can keep everyone safe. Wherever we can, we’ll let you know about this in advance, bu sometimes it might be at very short notice. Our holidays will be subject to the local Covid-19 regulations in that destination and we recommend that you are familiar with these before you travel. Information can be found on the relevant country pages of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) website, so please ensure that you read these.
How will you help to keep me safe on holiday?
We are closely following the advice of the UK Government and FCO FCO regarding international travel and working within the recommendations and regulations of our destination countries to minimise the risk of Coronavirus. Whilst it would be impossible to guarantee there is no risk at all, the best way to stay safe is to maintain good hygiene, regularly wash your hands with soap and water and keep a social distance from others. Where it is not possible to keep over 1m distance from others, wear a face covering. For latest advice from the World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Will I be entitled to a refund if Chilled Mountain has to cancel or make a significant change to my holiday due to the Coronavirus outbreak?
If things change and we have to cancel your holiday because of Coronavirus, you can move your holiday to another available date of equivalent value, or pay the difference to upgrade your trip. If for any reason you are not able to move your holiday, we’ll give you a refund. Equally, if we have to make a significant change your holiday, we’ll give you the option of accepting the change or receiving a refund.
I haven’t yet paid the balance for my holiday. Can I pay later while I wait and see what happens?
We generally ask for the balance payment 8 weeks before arrival but to give you peace of mind and allow for last minute changes this payment will now be due 4 weeks before your arrival date If I’m due to go on holiday and I’ve been advised by NHS Test & Trace to selfisolate for 14 days, can I still go on holiday?
In the interest of everyone’s safety customers will not be allowed to travel if they have been advised to self-isolate within 14 days of departure. For the same reasons, customers at the airport, or arriving at their destination, may be asked to declare that they have not been contacted by NHS Test & Trace. In this instance please contact us as quickly as possible and we will do our very best to help you. You should also contact your travel insurance provider.
Will I be covered by my travel insurance if I decide to cancel or have to self isolate?
This will depend on the terms of your policy. Depending on the reason for your cancellation (for example if you are concerned about a serious underlying medical condition), you should contact your travel insurance provider to check if you can make claim. We would highly recommend that you take out additional Coronavirus travel insurance. Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Coronavirus, but there are new policies and add-ons appearing on the market that will. Look for ones which will cover you in the event of NHS Test & Trace disrupting your holiday plans.
Where can I check for up-to-date travel and health information for my destination?
• UK health authorities are providing detailed advice on travel which is available at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
• Travellers are advised to read the FCO travel advice for the country they are travelling to. Visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
• The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) TravelHealthPro website travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries provides specific country-by-country travel health advice
• The NHS website has useful information about how to take preventative measures against Coronavirus at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
• ABTA also has updated advice and FAQs for travellers at www.abta.com/coronavirus
General Terms and Conditions
1. Chilled Mountain Chalet ("the Property") is offered for holiday subject to confirmation by Chilled Mountain Holidays Ltd. ("the Company") to the renter ("the client").
2. To reserve the property the client should return confirmation of booking together with payment of 25% of the holiday balance as a non-refundable deposit. On receipt of this the company will forward a confirmation. This is the formal confirmation of the booking.
3. The balance of the total cost is payable 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received, the company reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owners are able to re-let the property. In this event, point 4 of these conditions will apply. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to points 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the company is able to re-let the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refunded amount. The client is recommended to arrange comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover), baggage, personal belongings and public liability etc., as these things are not covered by the company’s insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day.
6. For self catered holiday a security deposit of £500 for each booking is required against breakages, damage to the property and its contents. This reserved sum shall not limit the client's liability to the Company.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property should not exceed 10 adults (excluding 2 members of staff).
8. The company shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliances in the property or garden.
Nor for any loss, damage, or injury, which is the result of any adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners.
The company is also not liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period.
In such an event the company shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
9. Under no circumstances shall the company's liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the client for the rental period.
10. A 25 Euro fee will be charged for lost front door keys.
11. Our chalet hosts have their own private room and shall live-in the chalet for the duration of your stay.
The chalets are strictly non-smoking and failure to observe this will forfeit any security deposit taken.
Please note that travel insurance is compulsory for your holiday.
Finally all information provided on this website is accurate at the time of going to press. Chilled Mountain Holidays Ltd. Reserve the right to make changes to the service provided and are not liable or responsible for any changes outside of their control
This contract is governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.